Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Super Successful and Productive Saturday and Me

Today I woke up at 6am (a gigantic feat), got dressed and my teeth brushed and ready to walk out the door to babysit when my phone started blasting music from the Twilight soundtrack...yes, it was my lovely friend Darlene (super Twilight fan and the wonderful mother to my charges for the day) calling to let me know that the swim meet was cancelled and I was not needed and could go back to bed.  Now I love those kids, but I also love my sleep, so, I wasn't too disappointed and fell back back into an easy sleep.  After all, I had a late night last night (midnight!) after seeing Letters to Juliet (cheesy cornball of a movie, but fun) with good buddies.

Then I woke up at 11.  Now for most people, this doesn't seem so productive.  But in my true procrastinator-style (or incubation as I like to view it), this is the best start I could have hoped for as I can use my time more efficiently (yes, this is actually my argument).  I had big plans on my list for the day--1) breaking out the non-existent technical skills to make use of an unopened birthday present (my birthday is in January) and 2) increasing my cultural awareness with a little SATC (Sex and the City if you're currently living under a rock; season 1 to be specific).  I try to include diverse interests in my Saturdays.

I recently acquired seasons 1 and 2 of SATC.  Until today they were both unopened thanks to that lovely thing we call grad school.  So still in my pjs, I ventured to the couch to start out my day (notice I didn't say morning) with cosmos (them, not me, although not an entirely bad idea) and 4 lovely ladies.  It was fabulous.  About halfway through disc 1 I started to get antsy.  Maybe I should break out the tools and try this present.

For my birthday, my entirely too sweet (and handsome, and wonderful, I could go on for a while so I'll spare you) fiance gifted me with an iPod hookup thingy for my car.  I don't know the real word for it so I hope you know what I mean.  Since I'm getting ready to embark on a 13+ hour moving trip, I thought it was time.  Well, just opening the box made me nervous.  I'm not so good with technical stuff and this thing provided me with a million different connection options.  My brother is my go to person for all computer questions, but even this was out of his knowledge base.  So, I tried the only thing I knew how...Google.  And I was surprisingly disappointed.  I found nothing that was even remotely helpful in my search for how to connect this thing to my car.  I was on my own. 

I started in my trunk, that's where my CD player is.  That didn't work.  I took my radio actually OUT of the console trying to find an antenna input (thanks to Google and metal hangers for this one, and seriously, where is that plug in??).  That didn't work (but thank God my radio still works).  So I went for the last option, hooked up all the wires, routed them through my car, and surprisingly, IT WORKED!  I still can't believe it.  So now I have a fancy iPod connection to my car.  I'm moving up in this world!  Special thanks again to Pablo...I'm happy I was finally brave enough to try this! 

With that achievement I thought it only wise to reward myself with more SATC and revel in my technical prowess.  And at the end of the day, I have successfully checked both off my list.  And all that having woken up at 11.  Sometimes I amaze myself...

So tell me, what did you do today??

No comments:

Post a Comment