Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wine Wednesdays

Wednesdays have recently become my favorite evening, thanks to a little something I like to call Wine Wednesday.  It happened randomly, my friend Rose invited me and another friend Megan over for dinner one Wednesday with her and her kiddos since she's husband-less during the week (Prac in Houston...I know all too well how fun that is...you're a trooper, Ben!).  We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed a glass of wine.  Ok maybe it was more, but the point is, it was fun.  Too fun.  We had to do it again, and since Wednesday worked that night, we just stuck with it, mainly out of laziness I suppose, but it works.  That night was such a success that we decided it should be tradition (If this town is good for one thing it's the ease of starting traditions.). 

Now, I've enjoyed a number of "Wednesday" activities.  "Working Women's Wednesday" was especially interesting (although, I still posit it should be "Wild Women's Wednesday" if not for the behavior than for the wealth of animal prints in attendance) but we steered clear of that one after a time or two.  Wine Wednesday is by far my favorite; and not for the wine, but for the wonderful friends, conversation, and fun.  I've just come from our third (we only got 3 in) weekly gathering It was even more special because it was Rose's birthday (Happy Birthday again, friend!). 

It's so funny to me that we wait until we have little time to spend all the time we can with the ones we love.  The countdown is on for my move (1 1/2 weeks...eek!) so I'm trying to fill every minute with memories and fun with my buddies here.  Rose and I have been asking the other these last few months, "why didn't we hang out sooner?"  I honestly don't know, but I know we both wish we had.  So one thing I'm starting to learn is this, don't wait to celebrate until time is running out.  Make the time now to enjoy the ones you love and the important people in your life. 

So while Wine Wednesdays are officially over for me (unless we do Wine Wednesdays on the Web?!? something to think about...), I've enjoyed this time so much and am so thankful for them.  I challenge you to think about how you are using your time.  Are you waiting for another day?  Because after all, there are only so many Wednesdays, don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment